Best kept secret of the Ardennes
Family of Man
Photo exhibition in Clervaux
UNESCO Memory of the World.
Clervaux Castle houses 'an optical explanation of man to man', still contemporain today.The permanent photo exhibition The Family of Man is a special cultural heritage. The Family of Man was curated in 1955 by Edward Steichen for the New York Museum of Modern Art (MoMA).It's a manifesto for peace and the fundamental equality of human existence with all its daily rituals.
Around 503 black and white photographs of 273 artists from 68 different countries give a humanistic image of peoples all over the world. With, among others, photographs of Robert Capa, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Dorothea Lange, Robert Doisneau, August Sander and Ansel Adams.
Website family of man.
Herberg - Hotel La Truite d'Argent
Cetturu 1, 6662 Houffalize - Belgie
- After your reservation we demand an advanced payment of 100% plus a bail of € 100,-. You will receive an email about this.
- Check-in from 4 till 6 p.m. Check-out, 11 a.m.
- La Truite d’Argent is a couples retreat. No children or pets. We do not accept group reservations.
- La Truite d'Argent is a couples retreat. No children or pets. Please mail if you are traveling with more than two adults.
- With 3 weeks' notice of a cancellation, your deposit is refundable, less a € 35 administration fee. With less than 3 weeks' notice, a refund is only possible if we are able to re-sell your room.