Best kept secret of the Ardennes
Bastogne war museum
Living memory of the world
War museum in Bastogne
Battle of the Bulge
In the renovated Bastogne War Museum you can experience the causes, events and consequences of the Second World War in an interactive way.
The stories are centred around is the Battle of the Bulge (the Battle of the Bulge).Also visit the village of Foy with adjacent forest where an impressive scene from 'Band of Brothers' has been shot which also took place there in its gruesome reality.And then you can ask yourself as a visitor ... have we learned anything from this war?
Website: War museum Bastogne
A special museum
General McAuliffe writes history on 22 December 1944; the Germans who blocked the city and ask for surrender stumble upon an unyielding "Nuts". This short but powerful answer gives the battle to the Ardennes a decisive turn.
Since 2010, Bastogne Barracks is an Interpretation Center for the Second World War. Here you see the 'Nuts'-cellar that illustrates an important phase in the battle of the Ardennes, as well as the numerous exhibition halls. Also discover the 'Vehicle Restoration Center', where the armored vehicles of the Royal Military Museum get a second life.
Website: Koninklijk museum
Website: Bastogne Barracks
Herberg - Hotel La Truite d'Argent
Cetturu 1, 6662 Houffalize - Belgie
- After your reservation we demand an advanced payment of 100% plus a bail of € 100,-. You will receive an email about this.
- Check-in from 4 till 6 p.m. Check-out, 11 a.m.
- La Truite d’Argent is a couples retreat. No children or pets. We do not accept group reservations.
- La Truite d'Argent is a couples retreat. No children or pets. Please mail if you are traveling with more than two adults.
- With 3 weeks' notice of a cancellation, your deposit is refundable, less a € 35 administration fee. With less than 3 weeks' notice, a refund is only possible if we are able to re-sell your room.