Best kept secret of the Ardennes
Boek hier online je accommodatie
"What immediately strikes you when you enter your restaurant is the good music", at least according to 'Magazine Genieten'. And after that, you are once again surprised by the special dishes.But not anymore......
During the 'semi' lockdown we offer our menu as a takeaway menu.
Our menu is a fixed two-course menu for two people ( € 23,50 pp). You can pick it up at 19h:00 and then you can also buy some nice beers or a bottle of wine in our bar.In your accommodation everything is present to make it a pleasant evening.This takeaway menu can be booked during your reservation.
We expect you to clean the pots and pans and return them the next morning to us.
Due to covid measures we cannot offer breakfast anymore. Because all our accommodations are equipped with a fully equipped kitchenette, it is of course possible to prepare your own dinner and breakfast.
(take away) menu
Our menus are fixed, no choice. If you have a food restriction or food intolerance our menu's are no option. If you prefer an 'a-la-carte' restaurant there are plenty of solutions in Houffalize.
Anyway, what's our menu till march 30th?
Thursdays we serve:
Involtini di lasagne
Main course: 4 lasagna rolls with a filling based on smoked salmon with spinach and 4 lasagna rolls with a filling based on courgette with pesto and nuts - lentil salad - fresh green salad.Dessert:Banana/peach mousse on the basis of mascarpone & cream with Bastogne biscuit crumbs and forest fruit coulis.
Fridays we serve:
Main course: Braised chicken in Indian style - basmati rice with quinoa - marinated beans - Indian bean salad, atjar tjampoer.Dessert:Fruit salad.
Saturdays we serve:
Civet de Marcassin
Main course: Wild stew dish - Pumpkin/potato puree - sweetened sauerkraut - apple compote.DessertZuccotto (Italian cake dessert).
Sundays we serve:
Main course: Mexican tortilla - Chinese Coalslaw - Vegetable ratatouille with lentils/olives.Dessert:Mango/pineapple mousse based on Greek yoghurt with speculoos and cherries.
La Truite d'Argent
Cetturu 1, 6662 Houffalize - Belgie
If you make a reservation at La Truite d'Argent you agree with the conditions below:
General terms and conditions:
- Prices are per night, per accommodation regardless of double or single occupancy.
- Check-in, 16:00 hr. Check-out, 11:00 hr
- La Truite d'Argent is an adults only hotel.
- Pets are not allowed.
- It is not allowed to book more than one accommodation without consulting La Truite d'Argent.
- It is not allowed to stay with more than 2 persons in one accommodation.
When renting a guest room, the guest pays a deposit of 50% (100% for 1 night) and upon receipt, the reservation is final. The guest will receive a separate email for this (also check your spam).
When renting a Studio or Cabane the guest pays the full amount plus deposit (€100,-) within three days after reservation. You will receive a separate email for this (also check your spam).
Because cancellations seriously harm us as a small company, we apply the following cancellation conditions;
- In case of cancellation before the 42nd day before the start of your stay, the cancellation costs are 30% of the total costs, increased with € 25,- administration costs.
- For cancellations from the 42nd until the 28th day before the start of the stay the cancellation costs are 60% of the total costs, increased with € 25,- administration costs.
- For cancellation from the 28th day until the day of arrival the cancellation costs are 100% of the total costs.
In the event of cancellations caused by mandatory Belgian or Dutch government measures, the full amount paid, minus 10% cancellation fee, will be refunded.
Obligations of the guest:
- The guest is obliged to restore the accommodation, its contents and its equipment to the same state as found and to leave it in a perfect state of order and cleanliness.
- Despite the final cleaning carried out by La Truite d'Argent, the guest remains obliged to brush/wipe the accommodation, do the dishes and tidy up, clean the household appliances, put the furniture - inside and outside - back where it was on arrival and leave the bathroom and bed properly.
- The guest undertakes to respect the accommodation (and its surroundings) made available to him and not to cause any nuisance (noise, privacy) to other guests.
- Placing bicycles in an accommodation or using an accommodation as a workshop is strictly forbidden. The guest undertakes not to do so under any circumstances.
- Guests undertake to park their vehicles in the general car park and not to park in areas not provided for this purpose (lawn, garden, etc.).
- The guest undertakes not to stay in the accommodation with more than two people.
Ensure a sustainable future.
- Guests undertake to sort their waste. Paper, plastic, cans and glass must be kept separate. Paper and/or cardboard can be left behind (in a box). Cleaned tin cans and plastic bottles can be handed over at the reception.
- Glassware can be deposited in the bottle bank in Tavigny (opposite the castle) and must NEVER be put in the rubbish bag. The government imposes financial sanctions or even exclusion of rubbish collection at La Truite d'Argent.
- Rubbish bags with residual waste must also be handed in at reception.
The costs incurred by La Truite d'Argent to restore the accommodation, its contents and its equipment to their original state will be deducted from the deposit and, if the deposit is not sufficient to cover the following
To cover these costs, they will be invoiced to the guest by the La Truite d'Argent.
The costs of government fines caused by the behaviour of guests will be deducted from the deposit and if the deposit is not sufficient to cover these costs, they will be invoiced to the guest by the La Truite d'Argent.
In case of misbehaviour and/or non-compliance with the general terms and conditions - at the discretion of La Truite d'Argent - (part of) the deposit will be withheld.
When depositing glass, cans or plastic bottles in the rubbish bag, (part of) the deposit will be retained.
La Truite d'Argent makes every effort to deliver the accommodation 100% in order, but it remains human work. The guest therefore has a period of 2 hours after moving into the accommodation to report any damage to the accommodation and/or its contents and/or its equipment not caused by himself.
If everything is in order according to the above, the deposit will be refunded within 7 working days after the end of the rental period.
Only the courts of the judicial district of Hasselt-Tongeren have jurisdiction in case of disputes concerning the drawing up, interpretation or execution of the general terms and conditions and/or the contract.